A massage technique working on the deeper layers of the muscle tissue. Sports massage can also involve the manipulation of the muscle tissue to benefit a person who participates in regular physical activity.
Sports massage is a range of massage techniques involving the manipulation of soft tissue. Soft tissue includes the skin, muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia. Sports massage is designed to restore mobility and function to injured muscle tissue and to assist in correcting muscle imbalances that are caused from repetitive and strenuous physical activity and trauma. The application of sports massage before and after exercise may enhance performance, aid recovery and prevent injury.
- Relaxes muscles
- Stimulate muscles
- Tones muscles
- Lymphatic drainage – removing metabolic waste from muscles
- Reduces and helps eliminate pain and dysfunction
- Reduces spasm
- Increases circulation
- Increases supply of oxygen and nutrients to a muscle
- Restores the body to a pre-injured condition
- Breaks down & removes scar tissue, reducing occurrence of injuries
- Improves movement, joint flexibility and posture
- Provides intensive stress relief
- Reduces muscle fatigue
- Re-energises tired and exhausted bodies
- Identifies problem areas, preventing injury
Who Can Benefit?
You don’t have to be a professional athlete to benefit from regular sports massage, or even wait until you have an injury. People with physically demanding jobs can also benefit, as well as office workers. Regular maintenance can often prevent injuries from happening, therefore proving beneficial.
Sports therapy offers injury treatment for all types of injury, both old and new, and will work in conjunction with a programme of rehabilitation exercises. This will be discussed with you during your appointment.
A taping method designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while allowing support and stability to muscles and joints, without restricting the body’s range of motion.
It helps to reduce pain and aid recovery.
Swedish Body Massage
A massage technique that is used to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Ideal after sporting activities or as a means of relaxation, it is recommended to reduce stress both on the physical and emotional level. The pressure of the massage will be adapted to your specific requirements.
- Promotes relaxation and helps reduce stress
- Increased Circulation
- Pain Relief
- Can help reduce fatigue
- Boosts the immune system and decreases anxiety and depression
- Aids lymphatic drainage
Indian Head Massage
An extremely effective therapy that has evolved from traditional techniques practised in India for over a thousand years. The treatment involves massage to the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, face and scalp, with the client remaining seated. This treatment often brings immediate relief; tension and knots are eased. Oils are not usually used during this treatment.
- Relaxation for muscles, providing immediate relief
- Knots in muscles can be broken down releasing toxins
- Relief from neck and shoulder stiffness
- Loosens the scalp
- Increases oxygen and improves blood circulation
- Improves oxygen to the brain
- Can provide relief from disorders such as eye strain, tinnitus, aching jaws, tension headaches, migraine, insomnia, hair loss, alopecia
- Provides a sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
- Can increase levels of alertness and concentration
- Helps to ease mental tiredness
Thermal Auricular Therapy (Hopi Ear Candles) is a pleasant and non-invasive treatment of the ears, used to treat a variety of conditions. It is an ancient and natural therapy used traditionally by Shamen healers.
The candles work on a chimney principle, drawing any impurities to the surface where they can be gently removed. They equalise the pressure in the head and ears, making them suitable for most conditions. Secretion flow is gently stimulated and the vapour collects and removes impurities or deposits. Most are carried away through the candle “chimney” although some can be found in the condensed candle wax residue after removal from the ear or could even work their way up to the surface 24-48 hours after. I use natural organic 100% beeswax candles.
- Can help relieve sinus congestion, sore throats.
- Compacted or excess ear wax.
- Can also help prevent ear infections.
- Relief with tinnitus, swollen glands, snoring, vertigo.
- Helps to ease headaches, pain or pressure when flying, scuba diving, swimming.
Warm Bamboo Stick Massage
Warm Bamboo massage is a relatively new therapy, and combines the benefits of “thermalism” with massage strokes using the bamboo sticks to create a deep, relaxing and healing treatment. Using the warmth of the bamboo to warm the skin allows the skin to absorb moisturizing and therapeutic oils, while at the same time preparing the muscles of the body to allow massage into the deeper muscle layers.
- Provides relaxation and stress relief
- Increased circulation
- Improved blood flow to surrounding tissues
- Greater ability to transport toxins and waste from the area
Traditional Thai Foot Massage
It’s roots are in India from where it was brought to Thailand over 2000 years ago by Ayurvedic doctors and Buddhist monks. It combines acupressure and energy balancing, manipulating pressure points, energy lines and basic body forces which together produce a highly therapeutic effect. By focusing on the energy lines, we work on reflex / pressure points on the feet which correspond to various internal organs through which life energy flows. Blocked energy can be released and functions balanced. Effective in relieving various dysfunctions and disorders, but also a wonderful treatment to promote overall health, increase energy and provide a general sense of wellbeing.
- Can help improve circulation in the legs and feet
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Helps to boost the immune system
- Aids in the removal of toxins
- Increase oxygen to the body
- May reduce stiffness and improve flexibility
PLEASE NOTE THIS TREATMENT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THOSE WITH A HISTORY OF DVT AND VARICOSE VEINS
The ancient art of natural healing re-discovered by Dr Mikao Usui in Japan in the early 20th century. The therapist is a channel for the gentle but powerful Universal energy, and during treatment my hands will be gently placed on or above a series of positions located on the body. Energy is channelled through the seven major chakras located adjacent to the glands of the endocrine system. The result is that Reiki promotes healing and well being on a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level.
- Restores natural balance in the body
- Provides relaxation on deeper levels, creating a sense of peace and well being
- Compliments (but does not substitute) the healing properties of orthodox medical treatment, natural therapies and massage
- Non-intrusive – Reiki energy will pass through clothing and therefore the recipient remains fully clothed.
- Promotes self-healing
- Enhances personal awareness
- Reduces stress
- Strengthens intuition
- Assists meditative state
Relaxing and extremely beneficial for all skin types. Can help keep skin youthful, smooth, soft and free from break outs. In general, a feeling of well being and relaxation can be achieved. Facials make an ideal treat, or as a monthly maintenance to keep the skin looking and feeling fresher. Choose from either an express facial, ideal if you are short on time, or a luxury facial.